From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:41:50 -0800
Not to be unsociable, but there are a lot of messages as well that
are being posted on CONCH-L lately that seem to be of a private
nature, being person-to-person and of no interest to the general
readership.
If the message is for 1 person, send or reply privately to that 1
person, unless you think others might want to read it. This will
make CONCH-L less cluttered and more enjoyable for us all.

Cheers,
Peter

At 09:19 PM 19/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I continually see a lot of messages on Conch-L in regards to the
>E-mail address of those subscribed to Conch-L.  Rather than sending
>these messages, why don't you try the easy and quick method of
>obtaining this information.
>
>You can get a listing of all the subscribers to Conch-L (and much more
>such as their E-mail address) simply by sending a message to the
>listserv ([log in to unmask]), leave the subject blank, and in the
>body of your message put "REVIEW CONCH-L BY NAME"
>
>Within seconds, the computer at the University of Georgia will infact (in
>milliseconds) give you a list (names and email addresses) of all those
>who are subscribed to Conch-L..  If you check the COA Web Pages,
>you will see that there are even more options available to assist with
>your particular needs.
>
>Bill Frank
>1865 Debutante Dr.
>Jacksonville, Florida 32246
>Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page
>http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
student of zoology and computers for life.
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html