From:
Andrew Dickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:20:14 -0800
> Hello to all,
>
> I was just reviewing some of the recent e-mails on the list re
> photographing micros.
>
> I think if I understand the consensus, I should probably stick with
> my 50mm
> Canon SLR, use a bellows, tripod and slide film.
>
> If my object is to eventually upload from my slides and send images
> to a
> website, what equipment am I likely to need for my Mac clone? (And
> would it
> be more practical/less expensive to use prints?)

Dear David,

I have used a Nikon with extension filters.  Not everyone likes these but
I would rather use them instead of the bellows.  I also use a cable
release in order to keep the camera perfectly steady.  I keep the shudder
open in low light and use an independent flash and I walk around the
object while flashing it two or three times.  I like to place shells on
nonreflective glass suspended about five inches above the table to
eliminate all or most of the shadows.  I will also will flash once under
the glass to highlight the background.  There are probably ways to
improve on this process.

I have had some success in zooming in on micros with my scanner.  I have
found how to improve my scanner images and I need to test it on these
shells.

Andrew D.
Miami, FL