From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:08:51 -0500
Amathina Gray, 1842
Cyclothyca Stearns, 1891

In my copy of Keen I have crossed out the sentence that there have been no
subsequent records for C. corrugata.  I'm not sure of the source of that
correction, but it must have come from one of the updates to Keen which I
probably have floating around the house somewhere....

At 09:54 AM 2/26/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 06:42:31 -500 "Howard L. Clark or Kate Clark"
><[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > Does anyone have information on the capulid Cyclothyca corrugata
> > Stearns, 1890.  According to Keen (1971), this species has not been
> > seen since the type collection in Nicaragua.  Have any been
> > collected
> > since 1971 and, if so, where?  Are there any photos on the web?
>
>There is a shell which I think is from somewhere in the western Pacific
>area called Amathina tricarinata.  It looks like a giant Cyclothyca
>pacei.  There was some specualation that Amathina might have preceded
>Cylothyca.  When were these genera created?
>
>Andrew Dickson

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.