From:
Marco Oliverio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:25:54 +0200
At 13.20 29/03/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Just to tell you that in my lab we are sequencing DNA from different
species of Coralliophilidae and several muricoids to see what DNA tells us
about the genera and their relationships. A parallel work on the anatomy
and the biology of the coralliophilids is being carried out also at my lab
and by the group lead by Angle Luque in Madrid. Very interesting results of
a very serious study on Coralliophila meyendorffi and Babelomurex babelis
will be presented by Alexandra Richter and Angel Luque at the next
neogastropod-meeting in Menfi Sicily (June 15-19).
If anyone of you would cooperate in this field, samples of tissues in
alcohol of any coralliophilid are very welcome. Particularly we are
searching samples of tissues (the shell is not important, it will be sent
back!!!!) of the following groups:
Latiaxis s.s. (mawae, pilsbyi, ?latipinnatus)
Emozamia
Rhizochilus
Magilus
Rapa

Also, any live collected and alcohol fixed specimen useful for anatomy will
be very interesting.

Take contact with either me of Angel Luque.

All the very best from Italy

Marco

Marco Oliverio - Evolutionary Biology PhD
Research Scientist

Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e dell'Uomo
Viale dell'Universita' 32
I-00185 Roma   ITALY

phone  +39.6.49914750
       +39.6.55176356  (Molecular Systematics lab.)
FAX    +39.6.4958259