From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:44:46 -0300
        When i saw the posting that suggested Andrew Sharpe's eBay Cypraea
auctions may be fraudulent, i determined to learn the truth, so that i
could come to the aid of a fellow Canadian dealer (ok - the ONLY other
major Canadian dealer..) with whom i have done business in the past to
my good satisfaction.  So i wrote him forthwith, and i pass along out
exchange to you, below.  I assure you the Andrew i know would not set
out to defraud people, and just made an unfortunate mistake in not
saying the photos were not of his specimens, but simply meant to
represent the species.  He has removed the offending photos, by the way,
so as to not perpetuate the confusion.  Please note I am NOT
"advertising" for him - just repeating our communications. (by the way,
Avril is working REALLY hard on the Man and Mollusc educational site -
she's creating something truly useful there, so if you haven't seen it yet.....)

        eBay is still not the best place for buying and selling  top-end
specimen shells, but it is improving - and if you offer good prices for
moderate-price-range species, you can do well there!!

 Dear Ross

--
Ross Mayhew: Schooner Specimen Shells:
Http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com