From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:49:18 -0400
Dear Sam,

if you would like an image from my website, you can take it for your use. It makes nothing
for me, if you would download an image, I will be happy if you can use them.
some images of the landshells are of unusual quality and you can have a comparison
with the materila I've sent to you. So you can use the images for whatever you want.
with best shelling regards
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37

----------

It is disconcerting to me to see people drop off the list, especially during
"heated" debates.  I wonder how many people are dropping off the list that
we don't know about, because they use the proper procedure (which doesn't
appear on the list).

Regarding the "photo fiasco", we could probably all agree, in afterthought,
that the use of someone else's photos was in poor judgement.  However, I was
always taught that "imitation is the purest form of flattery".  Property
that is copyrighted certainly falls into its own domain, but there are
others that would love you to use their photos!

My reaction to all of this is to remove the wonderful background image of a
shell from my computer.  This is a shame, since I believe that I was
publicly invited to use the photo (but I am not completely sure of this).

The current problem was properly addressed, and a public apology was
tendered.  Can we get on with the positive messages - before we lose other
subscribers that both "give and get" from us.  The "silent subscribers" are
usually there when we need them.

By the way, the BC Shell Company has a wonderful site that I would not have
found except for this negative string!  Try it!

http://www.bctropicalshells.com

Sam
Delaware