From:
Gary Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:53:17 -0400
How about one of the first conchological couples, John Edward Gray and Maria-Emma Gray. In 1842, he wrote the introduction to her  ^Figures of Molluscous Animals^,  stating:

   "The tracings from which these Etchings of Mollucous Animals have been taken, were originally made by Mrs. Gray, for my use, with the view of their being added to my collection of figures of Shells, and to aid me in their arrangement. Hoping that others may find such a collection of figures, (many of them copied from expensive works, and brought together from sources not easily accessible to Conchologists in general,) as useful as they have been to myself, I induced Mrs. Gray, to make slight etchings of them, which afforded her an interesting occupation during a period when she was confined to the house by ill health."

To flesh out the couples list further:

Schilder & Schilder were Franz Alfred and Maria Schilder, who published papers together from 1929 to 1971 (he died in 1970). She was the first author on a number of these.

Barbara and Ed Haviland (not Frank),
Paula and ex husband Paul Mikkelsen
Other family groups: Henry and Arthur Adams

Gary