From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 07:26:13 PST
Dear Ross,

As I have to do more than debating about subfamily and subgenus, etc.
and as I have to take in the shell collection into the the computer for
data banks and to clasify shells, I've created for the shell collection of
the museum and for my private collection a databank only
with family, genus, species (eventually includes subspecies, if important -
for species and subspecies only one field - I'll tell you one sample:
so that the field species will be read maybe on the example of genus
Chilostoma:
cingulatum cingulatum
cingulatum baldense
cingulatum cingulinum and so on.
autor with date of the first description, put in parantheses or not (if I can
find out - it's more important than subfamily or subgenus or...)
landcode
province
locality with coordinates
habitat
leg
day
month
year
specimens
det
ex coll.
notes

This are the fields of my data-bank used for the museum, private collection
and collections for schools, we do revising or building up to make
malacology better known. We all do this as honorary collaborators, gratis
and never based for commercial purpose.

I will remain with my best regards to you

Helmut