Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:17:19 -0400
Hello!

Here is another posting from the Florida Fish
and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
I subscribe to these notices and I received
this one today. The city of Ft. Myers Beach
is now requesting a ban on prohibiting the
harvest of live molluscs within
the city limits.

What next? They are nibbling away one
city/area at a time!!!!! I suppose I
should not worry, my Liguus were declared OFF
LIMITS years ago, and they
still destroy the hammocks and other
habitats.
Soon Janet and her Federal goon squad will
pounce upon unaware collectors!!!
Don't snicker the time will come!!!!

FWC SETS MAY 24-26 MEETING FOR PENSACOLA

CONTACTS: (wildlife and freshwater issues)
Henry Cabbage (850) 488-8843
(marine issues) Lee Schlesinger (850)
487-0554

   Agenda

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission (FWC) will meet in
Pensacola's Holiday Inn at I-10 and
State Road 291 on May 24-26.

Marine fisheries issues will be the focus of
the second half of the 3-day
meeting. The FWC will hold final public
hearings on proposed rules that apply
Florida's snook management provisions
(i.e., prohibition of spearing) to
fish harvested from adjacent federal waters,
require that all finfish (except
sharks and mullet) be landed with heads
and tails intact, and prohibit the harvest of
live shells within the city
limits of Fort Myers Beach.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power