From:
sophie Valtat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 08:59:45 +0200
Hello Tom & Patty,

Obviously Patty' proposal did not meet a lot of support ! Sure nobody
here needs the compendium anymore !
  As a real beginner I still use it rather often but I don't think I'm
the only one. A few month ago in the Paris exhibition, I've asked a
guy about the ID of a nerite he was selling and the answer was "it's
the one which look closer to mine on the compendium"... So, you
should know this book is not only for real beginners but also for all
kind of people less scrupulous about ID than everybody around here.

A real update would be of great help but I do realize it's a huge
work. Perhaps a first step could be to contact the publisher of the
compendium ?

Sophie

Sophie Valtat
16, rue des Ecoles - 75005 Paris - France