From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:39:48 -0600
David,

I'll bet the specimens of Rumina decollata you found in Phoenix were only in
well watered areas -- suburbia or parks.  I am not too concerned this
critter will have much luck with our native snails.  Their habitat is
extremely dry.  It's all of the Helix aspersa in the city gardens that have
to worry.  So far the only thing I've seen really eat them are chickens at a
friend's place and my two box turtles.  Of course, I fully realize I am
setting myself up here with this bold and baseless statement.  So next year
if I'm whinning about the terrible destruction caused by marauding Rumina
decollata, please everyone, just chuckle silently and have a bit of pity.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico where all of the forests are closed -- no big
deal except my oldest daughter is getting married on the 16th - in one of
the forests!!  Or at least it was planned that way before all of the fires.
Looks like it might have to be my back yard now, argh....