From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:25:26 -0400
The protoconch in the family of Rissoidae is very important for classifying the species. There are
very similar different species or made by human beings, as Alvania cimex and Alvania mamillata.
and others, Rissoa lia, guerinii, similis, eg.
But you always can't see the protos under the microscope very well.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)
always looking for shellgrit from all over the world
for my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard
to makes happy and to keep up her health

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
web: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
        (specimen donations to the
         Tiroler Landesmuseum molluscs collection
         are always appreciated)