From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:21:09 -0400
Actually, this is one of the new features available to CONCH-L list
subscribers.  You each can turn this feature on or off just like you can
turn the mail on or off.

send an email to the listserv program at:

in the body of the email message put the command:
  SET CONCH-L SUBJ

From then on the subject lines will begin with the following tag:
  CONCH-L:

(To turn it back off you would send the command: SET CONCH-L NOSUBJ)

If your email client (the program on your computer) has "filters" you can
set the filters to sort your email into different directories (or folders
on a Mac) according to their "Sender: " header.  This header line always
says: "Sender: Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>".
How you set the filters  (or if you can) will depend on the email client
you are using - and for that you will have to read the manual that came
with your program.

Amy

>Dear Amy and conch-lers,
>
>the new settings are o.k., I think. I have just another comment on
>the list hold. Is it possible to make the listserv programme show in
>the subject line, from which list the mail comes (as I gave for
>example above)? It would be easier to discriminate between "official"
>list mails and very private ones. This would be a convenience for
>all list members, especially those who joined several lists. Is this
>a silly idea or do you consent to it ?
>
>Good shelling, Andreas
>Andreas Leistikow
>Universitaet Bielefeld
>Fakultaet fuer Biologie
>Abteilung fuer Morphologie und Systematik der Tiere
>Morgenbreede 45
>D-33615 BIELEFELD / Germany
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes