From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:59:51 +0200
Dear Doris,
Although debris is being attached to the shell by the carriers, living
specimens of Xenophora have been dredged in the Gulf of Aqaba with a
complete zoo as epibionts on both the dorsal and ventral side: living
corals, tiny sponges, polychaetes and Arca navicularis on the dorsum and the
Hoof shell Malluvium lissum on the base.
Henk K. Mienis
National Mollusc Collection
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
IL-91904 Jerusalem, Israel