From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:26:41 -0500
Dear Lynn,

I think there were only advertising on conch-l, the others were only answer
to that headline. Nothing
more. Concerning me I only answered to some advertising.

with best shelling greetings.
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

----------
I'm a bit behind in my reading, but I'm catching up this morning. I am
concerned to see that there has been a lot of advertising on Conch-L
lately and want to point out that, no matter the person or the
provocation or the good cause, we should not use Conch-L for advertising
for several reasons:

1. It is strictly against the rules. Good list citizens obey the rules.

2.Conch-L listowners and the Lambis Group which sponsors the COA
presence on the internet, including Conch-L, do not allow advertising.

3. The University of Georgia, which so generously hosts our list, does
not allow advertising.

4. Our hardworking list manager, Amy Edwards, has work added to her pile
when she has to deal with such problems via notes of reminder not to
advertise.

5. Advertising offends as many people as it pleases. Everyone deserves
to be as comfortable as possible on this list.

6. Advertising occasions other off-topic notes, of protest and of
inquiry.

7. Think it through! That way lies a Conch-L list bogged down with
competitive ad "wars"!

Thanks for your continued adherence to the rules of Conch-L. If any of
you don't know where these rules are posted, have a look at:

<http://www.arches.uga.edu/~amylyne/CONCH-L/CONCH-Lrules.html>

Lynn Scheu
Co-Owner, Conch-L
Member, Lambis Group,