From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:31:43 -0800
Betty Jean,

When I went to university one of my professors was named Dr. Jim Darling
(one of the worlds great authorities in Humpback Whales).
We all called him Jim for the same reason...it just felt funny calling
him Dr. Darling.

Peter Egerton

At 05:35 PM 3/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Sorry for the extra email, but I am trying to find out why my computer is
>not doing what I told it to do.  As compensation I will send along a little
>something to make you smile.  See Below.
>
>Betty Jean, The Tall One
>*************************************************************8
>The manager of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him to come
>into his office. "What is your name?" was the first thing the manager asked
>the new guy.
>
>"John," the new guy replied.
>
>The manager scowled, "Look...I don't know what kind of a mamby-pamby
>place you worked at before, but I don't call anyone by their first name. It
>breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my
>employees by their last name only...Smith, Jones, Baker ...that's all. I am
>to be referred to only as Mr. Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what
>is your last name?"
>he new guy sighed, "Darling. My name is John Darling."
>
>"Okay, John, the next thing I want to tell you is......"
>***

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca, lifetime student
of zoology and computers.
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.ca/personal/seashell/index.html
(includes "Seashells of British Columbia", links and my resume)
        -Links to add, remove, alter?  Just ask!
        -This is an on-going project.
        -Suggestions always welcome :-)