From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 00:40:36 -0500
Dear Valerie, dear Conchlers,

you should not leave Conch-l for one not shell related message to the
public. If you remember I also have posted not
shell related items to the list before and have been suspendet for the list
for 3 monthes. I have learned now and mostly
I am answering shell related. Sometimes I make the error again to ask for
some shells, but mostly only for a few in
trading, but this is not so hard and grave. Until now I don't understand
the meaning of the flying pigs and what they
should or would and whatIs shell related with them, but maybe they are nice
and friendly or a nice invention of
a pig or Cypraea collector. The political theme really was not good and
unsuitable (improper) for the list. I could create
another petition for some small shells, which are living in detritus or in
sand, mud and so on, which are not sitting
on coral reefs as some beautiful cowries, which are living and collected in
the shadow of the larger ones, but which
are not less interesting. Some of them are micros and small, the most of
them don't go in aesthetic collection, maybe
only in scientific collection and are seldom showed to the public. This is
a shell related petition and not political.
We in Austria have a few political parties like SPÖ, ÖVP, FPÖ and so on
which are shorted with 3 letters. I don't
know if the headline of three messages is a party or not. NSR maybe means
only not shell related.
more later
with some petirions for small shells and landshells, which also must have
some rights on the list
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

----------
That does it.  I've enjoyed this list about 50% of the time, especially the
warm, endearing posts from Helmut & the useful, exciting posts from Bobbi
Cordi. I endured the long discussions on Latin grammar, & the
overly-scientific discussions that are way over my head. But that's o.k. I
might learn something. (and I have.) I subscribed because I love shells &
shelling.

This latest is more than I can bear. I am letting you all know why I'm
signing off.

-Valerie

P.S. Your post below, Mr. Yoshimoto, is arrogant.