From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:33:53 -0400
Frank and Tom and everyone,

Our Ferret called me a week or so ago, quite out of the blue. Isn't it a
shock to get voice communication from someone who has always before
communicated only by email? A pleasant surprise, yes, but also a
shock...it's as if they undergo some sort of change once they become
audible! Or am I being too fanciful?  Anyway, Mark said he was calling
because he is interested in helping set up a listserve for another topic
he is interested in, ship models, and wanted to know if I had any
insights. So that sounds like he is up and running, at least
emotionally!

When I asked about his health, he said the operation aftermath really
had its difficulties for him at first, and some stuff went wrong so that
it was touch and go for a while. He says he is getting along much better
now than he was. I know that is nebulous but it's all the information I
have. And I do hope I have it right!

Hey everybody, isn't Tom Rice's new and colorful Of Sea and Shore a
treat for the eyes!  Shells in color everywhere! And be sure to see your
March American Conchologist for Jim Miller's photos and experiences with
the Florida scallop dredging operation! Everybody's dream come true!

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY