From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:55:46 EDT
I heard a writer who calls herself SARK on a radio interview last week. SARK
stands for Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy (VERY California, I thought).

She said  she liked watching snails in her garden in San Francisco. Said she
saw one with a shell that had text that said WIN TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. The
snail had "incorporated" this print into its' shell.

I've heard of xenophora attaching bottle caps to their shells, but this is a
new one. Is there a species of snail in California with a passion for
typography or was this SARK person having a Haight-Ashbury flashback?