From:
Karlynn Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:07:49 -0400
Sharabati's book is my favorite and most often-used reference for Red Sea
Shells.  Although her shells were mostly collected in Saudi Arabia, she
still has listed the more common shells to be found in Egypt--and great
photography!  Does anyone have any information on Doreen Sharabati and/or
know where she is living today?

Another really good book is  BIVALVED SEASHELLS OF THE RED SEA by Graham P.
Oliver
This from the Mal-de-mer website ( http://www.maldemer.com/ ):

This comprehensive work on all known bivalves of the Red Sea is also
applicable to most of the Bivalvia of the western Indian Ocean. 369 species
are illustrated on large-format color plates. Keys to 406 species are
illustrated by line drawings, each tagged to highlight critical
identification features. Detailed text including habitat information, full
synonomy listings, and much more make this an essential book for the
malacologist and the collector. 1992, 332pp, 748 b/w illustrations, 46 color
plates with 776 figures, hardbound, 9¾"x12¾", (SW 4.5 lbs).