From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:23:14 -0700
What do people frequently find live in beach drift?

I don't mean after a "big blow" but on a regular day.

I seem to find live or dying Epitonium often enough even though there are no
detectable sea anemones or coelenterates nearby. I've found E. humphreysii
and E. lamellosum. Maybe they were sick and got dislodged from their
subtidal habitat?

Nassarius acutus is a common beach drift denizen. I assume it's scavenging
the drift like I am.

Terebra dislocata and Anadara ovalis are frequently live.

What else?

David Kirsh