From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:32:11 EDT
I understand why frankencense is burned. There are lots of botanical products
with aromatic oils. And I'd heard of using incense for perfuming hair and
clothing. Eric Hanson's excellent "Motoring with Mohammed" (If anyone is
looking for a terrific read, this is a great book!) describes the practice.
But I still can't believe that opercula smell nice. I guess it's off to the
back porch with some matches to experiment. What the heck, it's my day off.