Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 14:25:19 -0500
There is an excellent review of many Ovulidae, including Ovula ovum, in
Liltved's book "Cowries and their relatives of Southern Africa". Also, page
199 of Wilson's "Austalian Marine Shells, Vol. 1", has a good description
of their natural history, and his earlier book,"Australian Shells (1971),
has a full page color photo of Ovula ovum with black mantle extended.

Winston Barney
Fort Worth, Texas

> From: Jan Steger <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Ovula ovum
> Date: Saturday, May 19, 2001 12:38 PM
>
> Dear Chonchlers,
>
> would anybody be so nice to tell me something about the habits of the
Ovula