From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:09:40 -0000
Hey Mark,

I got one from her too.  And half a dozen other people, same
virus which is renaming itself.  I think, as you said before, that
these are all being done without the person's knowledge.  If
you send a message to Conch-L, the computers that are smart
enough to extract the sender's address (instead of trying to
reply to the list, which may be happening also and the list is
catching it) will reply to the sender with the virus.  Unless you
know something I don't, I wouldn't be too quick to blame
Kathryn.  This virus quotes your last message in the reply, and
I almost opened the first one I got before I noticed that it was
a .pif file.  It is really a sneaky one, and could catch you off
guard.  It looks like the message is a personal one, with an
attachment regarding what you were discussing.  But, it's not
the person that's doing it, rather the virus.

I expect this posting to get me several more copies of the
virus, if there are still some people on Conch-L who haven't
cleaned it up yet.

Off to catch Conus catus for the boys to milk.   Later,

Don