From:
Martha Chiarchiaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:31:32 -0400
I wanted to thank Steven for his question and Paul for his answers (and
for the shell translations).  I am also from Massachusetts and I am a
relatively novice collector.  I have focused my local shelling near the
Chatham Light house on the Cape and on Drakes Island Beach in Wells,
Maine.  Most of my extensive shelling has been done on Assateague Island,
VA; Ocracoke, NC; and Sanibel Island, Fl.  I am thrilled to learn of so
many sites so close.  There's nothing like a walk on a New England beach
in February exploring for shells to get rid of cabin fever!!!

Thank you for providing me with a gold mine of locations on the List!!!

Martha in Massachusetts