From:
Kobie Du Preez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:25:04 +0200
Dear Bill,

I feel that I have to explain our situation and maybe then you will update the link.

I'm sorry if you feel that way, but The Conchological Society of SA NEVER had their own webpage and Donald Chan (http://www.molluscs.net) has a html on his site for us (THANKS DONALD!!!) which are hopefully aslo updated. I have sent him a new html file on which he can put his link like the old version. I don't know who gave him the old one.

I offered the Society coverage on my own page and it can be accessed from my first page, so it is not even covered up between the rest of my shell stuff. I also have set up my own page and it is easy then to update any changes as I am part of the manamgement committee. Unfortunately the Society has to rely on volunteers like me because they don't have any funds to pay for a proper website. It is rather expensive in our country to use the net. We are paying for local caIls and to upload stuff can become a proble. I have free access at my work.

I have asked to update the links on behalf of the Conchological society, and I please would like everybody to do that.

Kobie

Regards, Groetnis

Kobie du Preez
http://home.global.co.za/~peabrain

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/22 1:16 AM >>>
It would appear that this is a personal page w/advertisements for services,
etc., and not in fact the "Conchological Society of Southern Africa."

Bill -- (www.jaxshells.org) who will treat it accordingly