From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:04:32 -0400
During the discussion group at the COA Convention, the subject came up about
separating the incoming Conch-L e-mail into its own folder.  This would
separate them from all other messages and make them easier to locate.  I
volunteered to post the steps involved in accomplishing this.  I use Outlook
Express for my e-mail; most other systems are similar to this.  However, Web
TV and AOL might be different.

1. Left click on your Inbox folder.
2. Left click on File
3. Go to New, then left click on Folder (this creates a new folder under
Inbox; I renamed this folder Conch-L)
4. Left click on the new folder.
5. Left click on Tools.
6. Go to Message Rules, then left click on Mail.
7. Left click on New.
8. In Box 1, left click next to "Where the To line contains people" (this
places a check mark in the little box).  A new line will appear in Box 3.
9. In Box 2, left click next to "Move it to the specified folder".   A new
line will appear in Box 3.
10. In Box 3, modify each line to say Conch-L, i.e. Move to the Conch-L
folder.
11. For Name of Rule, I call it Conch-L.
12. Click OK.  You're done!

You can find this same information under the Help files and manuals for your
e-mail program.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

John & Cheryl Jacobs
Seffner, FL