From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:06:41 -0400
Dear Conchlers,

There is really an epidemy these days, I have received five messages in a
week containing that virus, two of them before the warning. Fortunately
they come from persons that I have never heard before and this make them
suspicious, so I never open the attach. (If you receive a message from an
unknown person with a big attach and no further explanations, you better
suspice...)

A good updated antivirus program and a bit of common sense are the better
response to this situation, as was stated here before, but please, remember
that these virus (worms, really) use the address book of your e-mail
program to send themselves, so if you get unadvisely infected, it converts
you in a more than potential risk to all your friends.

Thus, I insist in what I said once: that is, at this momment, it would be
better to store your friends address in a text file and use cut and paste
for heading your messages. I know it sounds primitive, but it is safer. And
of course, if you are sending an attach file, state it clearly in the body
of the message and explain its content: this are something that virus can't
do very well... for now.

Best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Malaga