From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:40:28 -0400
Andrew,

I forwarded your excellent photo to David off the list.   I also suggested
he consider other shells known to come from Martinique.

C. daucus comes in a wide range of colors and may be the name to look at
first.  Conus norai is also close and also extremely variable.  Some authors
consider C. norai just another form of C. daucus.  The published photos of
animals for each seem distinct, though.  Both species have been found off
Martinique in the past.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, VA