From:
Philip Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:57:20 -0500
As for the sewage, we in the US generally continue to discharge waste,
albeit with >98% solids removal and chlorination, into the environment. In
my neighborhood, the City of St. Petersburg uses deep well injection and
irrigation to dispose of 100% of our effluent. Nothing goes to the bays
anymore. Scallops are being reintroduced into a Tampa Bay with improved
water quality. It's a new idea and catching on.