Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:21:54 -0800
Jerome,

        Not sure about the length "31/2" that would mean it would be 15.5
inches long or 1.29 feet long.  The Glory of the sea are fairly long, but I
have never known a species to reach that length.  Most average about 4" (10
CM) long and are found in shallow and deep water.  The color texture sounds
applicable to the Glory of the Sea but what is the thickness and shape. You
also might want to check the internet, a picture of it can be found at
www.molluscs.com.

-Tim