From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:19:51 -0600
Hello all Conchlers and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians,

I have currently revamped my web site “Man and Mollusc”.   Due to the size
the site is getting to be, it was getting difficult to navigate, especially
for first time visitors.  The site has been divided into four separate
“Zones”.

1. General Zone:  http://manandmollusc.net/general_index.html
This section contains the original Man and Mollusc home page and a general
description of the contents of the site including: the site introduction,
some History of the site, Acknowledgments, Disclaimer, Symbols used
throughout the site, Mollusc of the Moment, and Original site articles.

2. Internet Resources Zone:  http://www.manandmollusc.net/links_index.html
Where can you find it on the WWW.  This zone is divided into two sections:
1.  Molluscan Resources:  I believe this to be the largest Molluscan
internet repository of sites to  found.  At this time, there are 48 separate
links pages to check out.  (If there is a subject, e.g. Bynes Disease”  a
good place to look is the “Subject Index Page”
http://manandmollusc.net/subject_index.html )
                 2. Non-molluscan Resources:  This zone is aimed mainly at
educational sites for students and educators.

If anyone wants to submit a site for these pages, I would be most grateful.
If you see a page that should not be on these pages (e.g. Not family
friendly, etc., disreputable dealer or such) please let me know.  My main
aim and concern is to keep all sites referred to as “Family Friendly”!
Every page is edited at least twice yearly and I try to keep current with
new sites, changes of URLs, discontinued sites and broken links as best I
can; however, this is an unending job and I think it would be impossible
considering the number of links, to ever think that the site could be
perfect.

3. Kid’s Zone:  http://manandmollusc.net/kid_zone.html
This zone is aimed more for the younger or young at heart viewer.  It shows
where to find “fun things” on the site, how to find information on the www
if interested in pursuing a marine related career, finding molluscan fun
pages on the WWW, how to start collecting shells, etc.  It also houses a
page where kids can submit their molluscan works of art for the world to
view.
I’m always looking for ideas to add to this page.  Does anyone have any
suggestions or would like to contribute, say a kid’s poem?

4. Malacology Zone:  http://manandmollusc.net/malacology_zone.html
This section of "Man and Mollusc" is being developed as a resource for the
serious shell collector, malacologist and conchologist.  In order for you to
get the most of your visit to this section, it is advisable that you have at
least a minimal understanding of malacology and its terminology. Of course,
all are welcome but amateur viewers BEWARE! " Serious scientific knowledge
and terminology onboard!”  Be sure to check out this page, for all the
details of how you can use this site and resources.  There is also a
discussion forum attached to just this zone of the site and is designed as a
discussion area for articles, and questions
To Be Continued!