From:
Bret Raines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:14:00 -0700
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am happy to report that after being in seclusion for nearly two years,
I have returned to the living. For those of you, who do not know me, I
am a long time shell enthusiast and have a special fondness for
Pectinidae. However, during the last 4 to 5 years, I have focused my
attention on Easter Island molluscs. This has kept me extremely busy and
as a result, I have identified over 70 species, which are either new to
science or have never been previously reported from the island.

Currently, I'm prepared to submit a paper for publication on 40 of these
species, but I have a little problem. At the last moment, the
photographer who was to photograph my shells had to decline his offer
due to an unforeseen family matter. This means, that I'm in need of a
shell photographer!

Yes, this is a S.O.S.....

Most of the shells fall into the micro-shell range (2-10 mm). If you are
a photographer that has the skills to do this kind of photography or
know someone that might be interested in working on this project, please
contact me privately.  Acknowledgement for photography will be included
regardless of publication.

I'm not a rich man, but I can make some payment for your effort.

Sincerely,

Bret Raines