From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:13:16 EST
In a message dated 11/3/01 9:31:23 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I just "put out my cans." What I actually did was set empty aluminum
beverage cans in shallow, grassy bay environments for retrieval later this
winter. Marginellids invariably move into them and I'm able to look at large
numbers of specimens and find some species that would otherwise be missed. >>

What a great piece of information. And I think of all the aluminum cans I've
picked up through the years, in attempt to help clean up the flats. I hope
they weren't yours, Phil. But at least I know I should check them out before
throwing them away!
I have found a great deal of species attached to flotsam that I've found on
beaches. I once found 15 Simnias in three different colors attached to
gorgonians on half of a tire.
But the trapping method I'll have to do for sure.

Thanks!
Scott
Florida