From:
TurtleSteve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:47:37 -0500
i'm also into herps so love finding snakes under pieces of wood.
however, i can never find snails.  i see snails at my house only once
every few weeks, and slugs only once every few days.  this is bothersome
since i'm constantly trying to catch them for my wood turtle.  Does
anyone know where the best place to put cardboard is?  we've got a small
garden, but as i said i rarely see snails or slugs there.  I've never
looked on I 95 for snails, but there are tons of fire ants.  it's pretty
much true that i never find any snakes or snails or anything for that
matter under the same piece of wood as fire ants.  However, i think i do
recall finding stuff under wood with other less agressive ants.
--
Steve from SC