Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:02:37 +0100
Dear Patty,
I just had a connection with FREEK TITSELAAR because of the Patella
"depressa/intermedia"(sensu CHRISTIAENS)-Problem.
He says: Pennant's 'depressa' is in London. In the comparison with Pennant's
illustration of 'depressa', it is to his opinion clear after 100% that
Pennant's drawer has used the Patella, that is in London. It is therefore no
'depressa/intermedia'-Problem, the species is called 'Patella depressa'.
I think, one should agree to him.  S.M. SMITH & D. HEPPELL (Checklist of
British Marine Mollusca, National Museum of Scotland Information Series No.
11, 1991 use also the name 'depressa' and lead 'intermedia' into the
Synonymie.
F. TITSELAAR still works at the revision of the European Patellidae and
still needs 3 years after his assessment, until the publication is ready.
Best wishes
Gert Lindner