From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:42:08 -0500
Hello,

I took a look at http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html and read
recommendations for travelers to my country (Spain) to see how much
comfiable the information is.

Well, it looks to me quite accurate for this case, despite some risks has
been obviously exaggerated. However I think this is normal for a government
agency: even the possibility to be theft in a road (as an example) is
almost zero, you never could say they didn´t warn you.

I miss, as a comparison, warnings for a citizen travelling to the USA, but
if you want to get an idea you could take a look at the recommendations of
Her British Majesty government to travelers to the USA in:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/travel/countryadvice.asp?US

Have a good trip,

Alfonso Pina
Málaga, Spain