From:
Bill Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:45:25 -0500
I agree with Paul in regards to the megapixels and making sure that
the camera you purchase works easily with your operating system. Windows ME
or XP are much more digital camera friendly than W98/95. USB connection is
the way to go for quick transfers and compatability. I would also recommend
at least 64 mbs of camera memory. Memory is cheap right now. If you plan on
imaging anything small (1-5 mm. range) you should check and see if the
camera
you are considering purchasing has close-up lenses/adapters available. Each
digital
camera has weak and strong points and I use three - selecting the
appropriate
camera for the size of the shell being imaged.

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32246
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
www.jaxshells.org