From:
Jochen Gerber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:00:40 -0600
At 10:14 AM 3/15/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I will appreciate it if someone can translate the following 2 phrases. The
>second phrase, the beginning of which I didn't include, is about the
>columellar & palatal teeth. I can guess the meanings, but I want to make
>sure. Thanks.
>
>Aydin
>
>"Lamella elata in pariete aperturali continuo."

With a raised fold on the uninterrupted parietal wall of the aperture.

>"Duobus in columella, superiore profundo, pliciformi, infero marginali,
>quarto in medio marginis dextri, extus scrobiculato-impressi."

With two [teeth, I suppose] in the columella, the upper deep, fold-like,
the lower on the edge, a fourth in the middle of the right margin,  with an
impressed furrow on the outside.

Dr. Jochen Gerber
Collections Manager
Division of Invertebrates