From:
Eddie Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:34:36 -0400
Hello. I just joined the listserve, so I hope I am not out of line with an
immediate question.  I am working with dredge samples that were taken on
the Georges Bank region in the Northwest Atlantic and trying to key all
organisms collected to lowest possible taxonomic level.  The two main
texts I am using are Gosner's (1971)  and Abbott's (1954) and I do not
feel all that confident in my identification of what I think are members
of the Crenella genus as well as the Musculus genus.  I imagine that there
has been some changes and regrouping since these books have been published
and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any current, specific
literature on
this subject, as well as any overall field books for molluscs in the
Northeast US region.  Thanks for any help.

Eddie

Eddie Hughes
Box 200
Graduate School of Oceanography