Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 23:33:12 -0400
A friend of mine the other day send me a most extraordinary shell, a conus
hirasi that is  a fake. of course he advised me and definitely wasn't trying
to pull a fast one.
anyway this shell is so well done that it's actually molded in plastic
(probably poly styrene) but you can't see the mold lines, someone went thru
alot of effort to fake this shell. I guess my question is , does anyone else
have any faked shell stories to add. should make for an interesting topic to
carry us thru the weekend. Mark James Bethke