From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:15:48 +1200
>Hello
>
>I had found some years ago a very nice fossil bivalvia
>in a flintstone... White crystalized looking very
>similiar to a Cardioidea.
>
>Is there any source of fossil bivalvia catalogue out
>where i can check for clearer identification?
>
>And how rare or common are bivalvia in flint?
>I had not found much information about it.
>
>Michael

I think that most carbonate fossils preserved in flint nodules will
be decalcified and either present as an empty mold or replaced by
other minerals (calcium carbonate or silica usually).

Shells, including bivalves, are common enough in flint, eg in the
chalk (soft limestone) of southern England and northern France.

Perhaps the best place to look for the genus is "Treatise on
Invertebrate Paleontology" volume N (part 2 of 3), IF you can find a
copy!

You are in Norway?
--
Andrew Grebneff