Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:21:03 +0200
Dear Jan,

Techniques have been described in:
Pfeiffer, L., 1914. Die steinzeitliche Muscheltechnik und ihre Beziehungen
zur Gegenwart. 334 pp. Gustav Fischer, Jena.

A fairly recent article dealing with shell boring techniques has been
published by J.M. Kenoyer in Paleorient at about 1985 (article not at hand
at the moment).

But most of all you should consult the "Proceedings of the 1986 Shell Bead
Conference", published in Research Records # 20 of the Rochester Museum and
Science Center, Rochester, NY in 1989.

Best regards,

Henk K. Mienis