From:
Monsecourbrothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:39:12 +0100
Dear David and Bob,

You are speaking here about two different species, both belonging to the
genus Euplica.
One is Euplica scripta, with synonym E. versicolor. And the other is Euplica
varians.
You can find correct photographs of both species in Okutani, Marine shells
of Japan. In the compendium you find a picture of Pyrene versicolor, this is
an Euplica scripta. E. varians is generally smaller, has a higher spire and
shows knobs on the shoulder.
There are some more species in the genus Euplica that are related with this
two: Euplica borealis and Euplica loisae.  (Other Euplica's can easily be
distinguished from these).

When you contact me private, I can always send you digital images of
Euplica's, or you can send me images and I will identify.

Best regards,

Kevin Monsecour