From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:13:47 +1300
>Hear, hear!!
>
>Tom E.

Absolutely! My boss keeps trying to limit the amount of material in
our Geology Dept museum... printing up A3 sheets with captions
(taxonomic name only, for teaching purposes) for a few specimens. I
keep adding new taxa when I have collected and prepared them... so
there is a lot of material. I think this is what people want to see
(I know *I* do)... specimens.

>Our new fossil hall opens May 22, 2004.  It will include about 400 real
>fossil invertebrates all displayed in elegant wall cases......And for the
>unenlightened we'll also have about 100 of those pesky vertebrate fossils
>on display too.

Yeah, vertebrates take uop too much room. We have fossil whales all
over the place.
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand