Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:56:31 -0500
My dear Toni;-
    Spicules. Venus flower basket. One has to add that fourth dimention: time. Nature can make a million errors, lost and gone, but only one winner of the evolutionary lottery is needed to advance the process. The millions of errors happen---almost every day. But every so often, a mutation occurs that points the way upward. It will not stop. It will proceed.
    Art

> From: Antonetta Stanzione <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/02/20 Fri PM 08:08:15 EST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: 'Percs: where's the science?
>
> Hi
>
>    HMMMM! Living in a shell of sorts, if of the right dimension I think it
> would be wonderful.
>    As to where's the science, there are many men of science that look at the
> wonderful design in the world around us and agree things just could not have
> come about by chance.
> To quote a couple: The Enchanted Loom by Robert Jastrow p.19 "Scientists have
> no proof that life was not the result of an act of creation". Another in the
> book Life on Earth by David Attenborough pp.26,29 it says "When we look at a
> sponge skeleton such as that made of silica spicules which is known as
> [Venus's-Flower-basket], the imagination is baffled. How could quasi-indepent
> microscopic cells collaborate to secrete a million glassy splinters and construct such
> an intricate and beautiful lattice? We do not know." . It does not seem like
> chance to me. Also Chandra Wickramasinghe a professor at University College,
> Cardiff is quoted as saying "From my earliest training as a scientist I was
> strongly brainwashed to believe that science cannot be consistent with any kind
> of deliberate creation. That notion has had to be painfully shed. I am quite
> uncomfortable in that situation, the state of mind I now find myself in. But
> there is no logical way out of it ... For life to have been a chemical accident
> on earth is like looking for a particular grain of sand on all the beaches in
> all the planets in all the universe-and finding it. ...There is no other way in
> which we can understand the precise ordering of the chemicals of life except
> to invoke the creations on a cosmic scale." in  the Daily Express, London. The
> article was entitled "There must be a God" by Geoffey Levy August 14,1981
> p.28.Which brings to mind another point bought out in the book Evolution from
> Space by Fred Hoyle and Wickramasinghe 1981 which says "You either believe the
> concepts or you will inevitably be branded as a heretic." Also a quote from
> American Laboratory a doctor wrote this "The child is not presented with evolution
> as a theory. Subtle statements are made in science text as early as the
> second grade. Evolution is presented as reality, not as a concept that can be
> questioned. The authority of the educational system than compels belief."
>     So far from living in a shell I read and did my own deciding as to my
> beliefs and was not lead along with the crowd.
>
> Toni |

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!