From:
"Julia E. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:27:50 EDT
Hi Carol....

How's that young man this morning ?   My Hubby had a pretty hard time of it
the first night.  There is something about being in pain and alone in the dark
that gets to all of us
I think.  I'm hoping that he was able to sleep though and that you were able
to rest good too.

I wish I could get to this convention, but we just cannot make it this year.
As you know. I'm a new subscriber and was not prepared for the event.  Next
year, I'll have our ducks in a row,  and I'm already planning to attend if at
all possible .

Although I'm not a very knowledgable contributor to this group, I hope to be
an enthusiastic student.  I do not know the scientific names of shells, but
I've collected them all my life.
I gave my entire collection to a grandaughter about 4 years ago.  I had
encouraged her over the years to collect and she became as interested as I in
the addition of a new specimen.

She was born in St. Petersburg, and we shared many happy hours on the Gulf
Beaches
I gave the collection to her when she was moving to land-locked Nevada.  I
didn't want her
to forget.  I'm very happy that I did, but there is now something missing in
my life.  I need to
collect shells and I want to begin a new collection.  The only shells that I
kept were a few
coquinas that I picked up over 60 years ago on Clearwater Beach and a few
fighting conchs
that our son picked up on Madeira Beach when he was learning to walk 25 years
ago.

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and your son until I know
that he is as good as I know he is going to be......smile

If you do make it to Orlando, you can tell me all about it when you have time.

Sincerely,
Julie
Ft. Lauderdale, FL