From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:11:32 +1000
Partly in the realm of research, and partly in that of 'eye-candy',
several new sections have been posted in the on-line Visual Database of Cypraea
teres-related shells from Oahu, Hawaii.

For the first part, there are several listings by shell parameters such as the
'side-view', 'top-view',... and others. Under the 'eye-candy' portion, there is
a listing by shell length, from longest to shortest.

Links to these different views can be found on the gateway page of the Visual
Database at http://cowrys.org/research/ERESDB.HTM

Fair Warning!
Most of these pages have 100 images linked to them (some have 200!) and it may
take a while to load one if you have a dail-up connection (as I do) even though
the images are only 5 to 10 KBytes each.

On the other hand, at the bottom of each parameter's base page is a link to one
synoptic page which lists every 10th shell in the order (give or take one shell
either way), and I have favored the more mature (and colorful) shells in making
these "brief" lists.

Enjoy,... and Aloha!

Bob Dayle
http://cowrys.org/research/