From:
Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:26:28 -0500
I get a lot of shells from the Philippines.....and I have not ever noticed
a bill from customs regarding the shipments.....I am wondering if this isnt
something required of the carrier....( in this case DHL)  to where their
packages might be opened once arriving here in the US. ?

Or, perhaps the package didnt have proper certification as far as a customs
type notice.....?  I also get many packages from Australia and customs has
never sent me a bill for packages from there either.  Nor United Kingdom.

This is quite strange......

most of my packages are sent thru whatever local post office is near there.
This is why I am wondering if it not the carrier that  makes the
difference, or the sender does not have the proper customs
stamps/certifications regarding the items they are shipping, leaving the
packages vulnerable to be searched.

let me know how this pans out as it interests me a great deal.

Sincerely, Lyle Therriault