From:
Kevin Czaja <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:00:37 -0400
Andrew,
     can't say I've seen a large list of other species heading further
North, but I've only been collecting with intensity in the last five
years.  The only other species that I've found perhaps creeping North is
Solen viridis.  The Northern range limit based upon the literature is
Rhode Island (and I did find some really nice examples in Newport this
past month).  However, over the last couple of years I've also found the
species in Hyannis, MA (lower Cape Cod).  So that might be further
evidence of a warming trend.  I know the effects of true global warming
could be very bad as I understand it, but I sure wouldn't mind more of
those pretty Southern species moving up to my neck of the woods!
-K